MYCOTEX is a fast-growing international startup that is developing a ground breaking automated seamless manufacturing method allowing for custom-made products made from home compostable biomaterials (starting with mycelium). We are transforming the fashion, textile and interior industry by offering a holistic high-tech and sustainable solution for the entire supply chain.
We have an international, inclusive and dedicated team. CEO and CTO are both the founders of the company. We have a mix of experts who work multi-disciplinary: a microbiologist, chemist, application specialist and 3D developer.
MYCOTEX has developed an unique material and production process and have created the first groundbreaking products for luxury brands. As we enter the next stage of growth, we are engaging with exciting brands to explore the unique possibilities in design and sustainable production that our method offers to them.
To help us achieve our objectives, we are looking for a:
Sales / Business Development Manager
Chemist experienced in Textiles, Leather and/or Composite materials
Sales / Business Development Manager
We are looking for someone who wants to redefine the boundaries of sustainable fashion and interior.
Your main focus will be on sales and converting partnerships to sales , but more importantly, you'll be at the forefront of shaping our business strategy, exploring new markets, and transforming the fashion, textile and interior industry.
Applications via HTNK
Chemist, with focus on coating and dyeing of next generation materials
Job responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Develop an optimised long-term lubricating method for our next gen materials
- Research and test different kind of pigments with our next gen materials
- Develop a dyeing protocol based on these different pigment sources
- Research and test biodegradable or compostable coatings on our next gen materials
- Develop and execute work plans
- Keep an up-to-date lab journal
- Work closely together with the material and 3D development team
- Report progress and adjust work plans accordingly
- Read papers and other information
- Knowledge of and experience with coating, dyeing and lubricating of flexible materials
- HBO+ (material chemistry, polymer science or any other relevant industry)
- Work independently and have a pro-active and hands-on approach
- Clear spoken and written communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory)
- Ability to work in Amersfoort, the Netherlands (and in possession of a work permit if applicable)
Our offer: full-time (40 hours)
- An exciting and challenging job at a fast growing startup working on the forefront of fashion innovation
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of a sustainable fashion industry that is producing locally and eventually on-demand
- An opportunity to make the job your own
- Informal setting within a small team where your input is vital for the progress of the company
- A multi-disciplinary and inclusive work environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
Please send your motivation letter, relevant experience and resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About MYCOTEX by NEFFA
MYCOTEX is the groundbreaking automated seamless manufacturing method allowing for custom-made products made from compostable mushroom roots (mycelium). We solve major issues in the fashion industry: reduce cost, waste, and labour intensity of cut & sew operations; replace plastics and leathers with compostable materials and improve the comfort and fit of fashion products. We are determined to grow the future of fashion by creating the ultimate personalised garment for mass production, and we are on a mission to revolutionise textile materials and production techniques. We believe that changing the way we produce our clothes will have a greater and more immediate impact rather than trying to change consumer behaviour.
MYCOTEX has been granted different awards and grants, with the Global Change Award in 2018 and the GEC Textile Award in 2022 being the highlights. By joining us now, you will have the opportunity to be part of the first team members and set the basis for the success of the company.