MycoTEX® is a fast-growing international start-up that is developing a groundbreaking automated seamless manufacturing method (3D) allowing for custom-made products made from home compostable materials (starting with mycelium). We offer a holistic solution for the entire fashion supply chain.
In October this year, we closed a Seed investment round and we are hiring for growth. Our management team will be further strengthened by a third member with extended experience with general, financial and strategic management, preferably coming from a corporate background in the manufacturing industry. As such, we are looking for an:
Experienced financial and commercial manager who wants to make a lasting impact in sustainable fashion
Your main focus
Will be to prepare MycoTEX for following international investment rounds as well as setting-up a solid financial framework for the company.
Job responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Financial, legal, tax and administrative aspects of the business: P&L, balance sheet, accounting, reporting, tax, budgeting, cash flow planning, cash management, cost calculations and business intelligence
- Set-up of a solid framework for the financial administration
- Validating the envisioned business model with potential clients
- Informing and cooperating with current investors
- & negotiating investment rounds and other funding opportunities together with CEO
- Guiding negotiations and contracts with customers and partners
- Identifying, mapping and reducing external risks
- Act as sparring partner of the CEO with a view to improving business operations
- Active contribution to the company development and growth plans as part of the business strategy
- Master's degree in business economics, finance or legal
- Several years of financial or general management experience, preferably in an international fashion and/or manufacturing related environment
- Previous experience with setting up and running investment rounds would be appreciated
- Organised yet flexible personality that will thrive in the volatile daily practice of a fast-growing start-up
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Dealmaking experience
- Affinity with IT and Finance automation
- Crossover thinking, openness to other disciplines
- Clear spoken and written communication in English (Dutch is 2nd)
- Ability to work in Utrecht region (Soest), the Netherlands (and in possession of a work permit if applicable)
Our offer: part-time position (2-3 days) with the perspective of growing into a full-time position
- To contribute to the development of a sustainable fashion industry
- An exciting and challenging job at a start-up in the emerging field of growing textiles
- A multi-disciplinary work environment
- Informal setting within a small team where your input is vital for the progress of the company
- Flexibility with regards to working location, can be partly remote or from home
- Option to increase the hours to a full-time job in the course of the year
Please send your motivation letter, relevant experience and resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please contact Aniela Hoitink via email@example.com and mention questions in the subject.
MycoTEX® is the ground breaking automated seamless manufacturing method allowing for custom-made products made from compostable mushroom roots (mycelium). We solve major issues in the fashion industry: reduce cost waste, and labour-intensity of cut & sew operations; replace plastics and leathers with compostable materials and improve the comfort and fit of fashion products. We are determined to grow the future of fashion by creating the ultimate personalised garment for mass production, and we are on a mission to revolutionize textile materials and production techniques. We believe that changing the way we produce our clothes will have a greater and more immediate impact rather then trying to change consumer behaviour.
MycoTEX has been granted different awards and grants, with the Global Change Award in 2018 and the Solar Impulse Efficient Solution in 2021 being the highlights. By joining us now, you will have the opportunity to be part of the first team members and set a base for the success of the company.